Monday, August 25, 2008

Another look at my garden...



So, Do you remember my post about green tomatoes? Well, I was given the advice (thanks Aunt Sherri) to pick a few of my tomatoes and place them in the sunny window sill in my kitchen. As you can see, they are slowly but surely beginning to turn red. I went out today to check out the progress of my other plants and I saw one lone red tomato. I was so excited that I brushed the spider off of it and began to eat it. I didn't think to take a picture until after my first bite.


I also saw something peculiar looking back at me from my pumpkin plant. Let me remind you that we planted our garden late this year so instead of planting seeds I opted to plant starts purchased from the store. I didn't think to be concerned about the accuracy of the tags in each pot.
Does this look like a pumpkin to you?



I am happy to report that my jalepeno peppers are doing great! Yummy! Now I am excited to make salsa.

5 comments:

KFerrara said...

Yummy! Fresh veggies from the garden - I love 'em. Looks like you were enjoying that tomato.

Julie said...

I LOVE garden fresh veggies. You'll have to help me with my garden next year!

Mom, Aunt, Grandma Ehat or Lori said...

Lookin' great!!!

Anonymous said...

My window sill has the same look going on. It is such a summer thing for me! Yours look great :)

Anonymous said...

Oh- and I am totally laughing at your 'pumpkin'. That happened to me the first year I planted a garden, so I was over-run with zucchini.