Monday, August 18, 2008

Fresh produce...YUM!


So, this year I finally planted a garden. I must admit that my vegetables are pretty tiny and insignificant but I am so excited to have grown them myself and I can't wait to bite into them. There is some kind of satisfaction that comes with planting seeds and watching them form into beautiful plants and then food. I just wish my tomatoes would turn red...I have a bunch on my plants but they are all green and have been green for weeks. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

KFerrara said...

I love fresh from the garden vegetables. Too bad about the tomatoes. I'll have to talk to Tyler about what may be keeping them from turning red. Yummy!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your first harvest! I totally agree about the satisfaction that comes from gardening.

My tomatoes are just now turning red- it really depends on when you planted them. They will turn, they just need enough time on the vine. Gardening is all about the work and patience!

Lindsy said...

Those look really yummy... Is that a carrot? It's so cute and tiny. I can't wait to stop renting so I can plant a garden. When we lived in Lindon I planted a huge tomato garden but we moved right before they turned red. It was so sad :(