Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The perfect day to bake

I started the day off with making zucchini bread. I have two huge zucchinis from my "pumpkin" plant. I made 2 loaves of bread and only used about half of one of the zucchini's. It is pretty yummy with chocolate chips.



Then I moved on to make some wheat bread. I've never made wheat bread before so I thought I would give it a shot. My mouth is just watering at the thought of freshly baked bread with homemade strawberry jam.



I finished the afternoon off with making some fresh salsa. Again, I found myself with more tomatoes than I knew what to do with. I went outside and picked fresh tomatoes, and fresh jalepeno peppers. This salsa is so easy to make and it tastes so good when made with fresh vegetables.



You can just call me "Suzie homemaker"

8 comments:

Amy said...

Ummm....recipes please!!

Kacey said...

Homemade bread? Do you know how good all that looks? YUM.ME! I was thinking today seemed like a good baking day too...something about stormy cooler weather I guess.

AND I could practically live on chips/salsa alone so please post that recipe!

Mom, Aunt, Grandma Ehat or Lori said...

My mouth is watering . . . drool! Save some for me!!!

Jamie Ehat said...

Hey Suzie! Kendall was just complaining about the tomatoes at the store and wishing he had some fresh ones. So....if you need to get rid of some :)

Heidi said...

I am guessing you made the bread with pans and not a bread maker because of the shape. Looks awesome!
If you didn't know already you can freeze zucchini. I just found that out myself. Great for the off season cooking.

Julie said...

Suzie homemaker nothin...I'm callin you Martha Stewart! Nice baking! And I echo all those who requested the recipes!

KFerrara said...

Can I just say Yummy!!! I'll be by to pick it up later. Shread the zuchinni and freeze it for next year or even the winter months.
See you on Saturday

Jenn said...

Ok I will so be calling you Suzie homehacker now. Way to go Val!!!