Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Happy Valentines Weekend

This weekend we got to go to Idaho to play in the snow and enjoy a getaway with friends at their cabin. I'm not usually a fan of snow and cold but we had a great time playing and snowmobiling. When we pulled in on Friday night it was -8 degrees outside and I was not sure about this idea, but the next day the sun came out and we got dressed for the snow. It really wasn't too bad. I was surprised at how warm good snow clothes can keep you.

Evan brought his snowboard and played while they went sledding, he also tied a rope to the back of the snowmobile and snowboarded while Ryan pulled him around the snow covered golf course. That looked like fun to me, maybe next year when I'm not pregnant.

Rylie and Saige got lots of use out of their new snow clothes (thanks Grandma & Papa) and they loved every minute of our time in Idaho.


We were at a cabin in a place called Island Park, which is about 20 miles from west Yellowstone. The snow was about 5-6 feet deep and it was lots of fun. I kind of felt like the kid on a Christmas Story in this Coat "I can't put my arms down!" but hey, I was warm.

4 comments:

McKenna said...

Oh man, that looks like so much fun! I haven't seen snow like that since I was... well I don't even remember. And we'd for sure never get that kind of snow in Germany. You look cute and cuddly-warm in that big red coat.

Torri P said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Torri P said...

Looks like you had a blast! The girls look so cute all bundled up! That great that Rylie is too tall...what will you do next year?? :)

KFerrara said...

You look AWESOME in your get up!!!