Monday, May 18, 2009

A Crazy Month.

Last month we had the pleasant surprise of finding that the sewer had backed up into our house...YES! The SEWER! It was definitely as gross as you can imagine.

We called a plumber to come and snake the line and then they came back the next day to run a camera through the sewer line to find out the problem. To make a long story short, they found that the entire sewer line from our house to the street needed to be replaced. They gave us an estimate that was completely insane so I decided to get some other estimates. I ended up having 4 other estimates and the next closest estimate to the first was $5000 less! Can you believe that? By the way...don't call "action plumbing" unless you want to pay WAY too much.
Anyway, we finally found an excavation company that did the work for us...as you can see it was a mess!


We woke up in the morning to find a huge tractor in our front yard. The girls were completely mesmerized with watching them dig up our front yard. I was sad as they destroyed our lawn and my flower bed.


The trench was long and destructive but the workers did a great job! They were quick and efficient and they actually left the yard in pretty good shape...considering the extent of the project.

We are happy to have this project crossed off the list of things to be done. And even more happy to not have sewer waste in our basement!

7 comments:

McKenna said...

Oh, man! What a "crappy" situation. That "stinks" to have to pay for that kind of problem. Although, I am the most "bummed" about your grass and flower bed, you worked so hard on those.

kimbob said...

That is not something I want to ever experience and wouldn't wish it on anyone. Glad you called and got other bids. not something you're planning on paying for :( but glad they left it in good shape

Marilee said...

Oh YUCKY! I can't believe you were able to handle that, pregnant and all! Glad its all cleaned up though!

Julie said...

oh my gosh! That is so crazy!!!! by the way...my word verification is tater...as in tater tot! funny.

Julie said...

ps--McKenna is a CLOWN!!! hahahaha!

janabigelow said...

That sucks! I wish I would have known! My dad is a plumber and is usually pretty cheap! Glad it is over!

KFerrara said...

You forgot to mention that all of this happened right before you were supposed to leave for a wonderful, relaxing GWO!!! I'm glad you still came away for that weekend! :)
Glad the mayhem is over!!!