Friday, July 24, 2009

A little late...but you get the idea

This is the grand finale of our 4th of July. The girls both fell sound asleep in the middle of the fireworks.


We had a great time waiting for the fireworks to start and by then the girls were exhausted. Their falling asleep left Evan and I in a bit of a mess. We had parked a ways away with the plan for a quick get away after the show. Little did we know that the girls would fall asleep and were impossible to wake up. We had all sorts of blankets and coolers and chairs with us as well so we had to get creative in how to get out of there. First we tried to carry everything and everyone. Evan had all of our supplies and Saige and I attempted to carry Rylie and the baby (of course.) I made it to the parking lot and with my blistered, swollen feet could not physically carry her any further. We laid out the blanket and wrapped up the girls on the side of the parking lot and I waited with them while Evan carried all of our stuff to the car and then ran back to get the girls and I. He couldn't drive into the parking lot because it was all blocked with people getting out so he had to come back and carry both girls while I waddled along behind them to the car. It ended up taking us an hour or more to get out of there and of course the girls woke up when we got into the car. It was a fun and eventful 4th of July.

No comments: