Thursday, July 30, 2009

13 more days...but who's counting?


I will never be able to describe the intensity of the 'nesting' instinct that is kicking in with me right now. I made a list today of the 'few' things (Yes, the word few is sarcasm) that need to be done within the next 13 days. I think I may go insane if I have to keep my list in my head. There is so much to do, and so little time. Although, I don't think I would prefer that this pregnancy last any longer.

The only problem with my list is that 99.9% of the items on the list are needing to be done by someone other than myself...namely Evan. My boy has spent every waking hour of the last month or more working. If he isn't working at work, then he is working at home and I have to admit that he has been great to keep plugging away at his honey do list. He has built an entire bedroom in the basement for my niece who will be living with us for the school year, doing nearly everything on his own. We definitely appreciate those who have helped out, especially my brother who contributed his electrical expertise. In fact, Evan is downstairs right now texturing and priming the bedroom. I am lucky to have such a hard working husband! We are seeing the light at the end of that project but it is a bit short lived since we haven't even started on the baby's room. Yes, thats right! We haven't even started...and yes, I said we only have 13 days. We will have carpet installed on Monday in Mckenzie's new room. Which will then give us the chance to start on the baby's room.

Whew! I just keep having to tell myself that ready or not...here she comes.

3 comments:

McKenna said...

13 days... yoohoo!! Definately a long list you've got going there. Although I am sure Ev will help you get it done... he's really good about that. If not, I'll fly over there and personally kick him in the butt.

So... I don't see, pick a name on that list... does that mean you have one?

Can't wait to see her!

Julie said...

oh my goodness! you'll get it done! don't worry!

Sherri said...

I have been thinking about you ALOT! Maybe I should have been thinking about Evan more lol. I'm so glad you are doing well and only "stuff" needs doing before your new arrival. Just remember that babies only care about loving arms to cradle them, warm milk, soft kisses from their sisters, and a peaceful atmosphere....if it all doesn't get quite done you will be baby blissful anyway! Take a few deep breaths.........doesn't that feel better?