Monday, June 23, 2008

Key Thief

(Me) "Rylie and Saige, Do you know where Daddy's keys are?"
(Rylie) "No Mom"
(Saige) " Uh huh"
(Me) " Saige did you take Daddy's key (to my car) off of his desk?"
(Saige) "Yes!"
(Me) "Where are they?"
(Saige) "At the bank."
(Me) "What? At the bank?" Well, I obviously knew that they weren't at the bank since it would take keys to get to the bank in the first place.
(Me) "Saige did you move Daddy's keys?"
(Saige) "Yes, Mom."
(Me) "Where did you put them?"
(Saige) "They are outside in the grass."
(Me) This sounded like a much more likely answer so I walked the yard over and over again, only to find no keys. So, I asked again.
(Saige) "They are in the street, by the sidewalk"
(Me) Again, a complete possibility...I look and look...no keys. I ask again.
(Saige) "They are in the ice cream truck going home."
(Saige) "They are in the yellow fire truck."
(Me) Okay, at this point (after an hour and a half of searching) I am at the end of my rope. Here is a quick explanation as to why.

Last week Amy called and asked if I would cut Drew's hair. I was happy to do so and needed to run to the salon to get my shears. Amy came over, I ran to the salon, came back and cut Drew's hair. I had been home for about an hour and needed to find my keys. Amy had left and I looked and searched the house. They were no where to be found. Evan came home and searched as well and still found no keys. Because I had only gone a short distance (from the car to the house) I thought the only possibility was that one of the girls took the keys and put them in Amy's diaper bag. I called Amy and she too searched and we still had no keys. It is now a week later and I have yet to find my keys. I had been using Evan's key to my car (the only other one in existence) until this little incident today.

After having checked the dog's crate for the key (an hour and a half earlier), I decided to pull her pillow completely out of the crate and guess where the key was? It was stored nicely under the pillow of the crate.

I pulled Saige aside and began talking to her about not hiding the keys. Just when I am about to finish my lecture Rylie decides to pipe in with some valuable information.

(Rylie) "Mom, Saige didn't take the key...I did!"
(Me) " Rylie, why didn't you tell me where the key was when I asked 9 million times?"
(Rylie) "Because Mom, I wanted to tell you where it was AFTER you found it."



Now the question is...Who took my keys (which are still missing) and where are they hidden?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why is it always the keys?!?!? I hope you find yours soon- that kind of stuff makes me crazy!

Kacey said...

Ok THAT is just plain funny! I'm so glad you found them!

Sherri said...

Too funny! So your "Bella" is a guard dog........guarding all treasures of little princesses :) And your little princess has found a way to entertain herself as she watches you all go bananas.s.s.s. :) Aren't kids amazing? Notice I didn't say innocent. You can't tell me they think this stuff up on the fly!! You know that cute counts when they do stuff like this and still live! Love the dog and can't wait to meet her! So cute!
Aunt Sherri