Friday, June 27, 2008

Key update

I am happy to say that last night at about 12:30 am Evan had a brilliant idea. I had searched the entire house and even tried to shake the couches in the hope that I might hear the jingling of the keys. Last night Evan turned the entire couch upside down and began banging on the boards underneath. At first we could not hear any sound but the more he hit it the more we heard. Apparently the keys were lodged in the depths of the couch and needed to be knocked loose before they could be found. They were so far down in the couch that we thought about taking it apart from the bottom. We also found an RC Willey gift card that had been lost. I called to check the balance and it expired June 2, 2008. Dang! That is the luck!

7 comments:

Kacey said...

Whew...I'm so glad you found the keys (and the gift card). We lost our keys last year for a couple months and it was so frustrating. You should go to RC Willey and see if they'll let you use the gift card still. Ya never know...they might be cool about it.

Jenn said...

So glad you found your keys. Make sure you write those stories down in the girls books somewhere> thanks for playing last night I love hanging out with you

Amy said...

You know what come think of it I do remember you setting everything down on the end of the couch...but I thought you had put your keys up on your hook! I'm glad you found your keys FINALLY!!

We had an expired RC Willey card and they just reopened it at the cashiers station! Ours was expired even longer than yours!

janabigelow said...

Glad you found them!

Stacey said...

Hi Val - I don't know if you remember me but I saw a picture of you on my sister-in-law's blog. Her name is Shayna and she just joined the Bunco group. Well, I was looking at her blog and her pictures from Bunco night and noticed you in the background, I had to take a closer look, then I wrote her and said, "Ask if that girl's name is Valerie Frint" (Of course, I thought it probably wasn't Frint anymore,) Anyway, I used to be in a science class with you at Mountain View. With the weird kid next to me? Anyway, I just thought it was cool to see your picture, I just wanted to say hi! You have a cute blog, and cute pictures!! See ya later!
Stacey

Shayna said...

HI.. This is Shayna from Bunco! I guess my sister in law has found you. I was just going to give you her blog address. But I dont need too. I am really excited for Bunco and getting to know all the girls there! It was a lot of fun the other night

Marilee said...

Glad you found you keys. Your entry about them reminded me of Kacey's lot key mystery blog a few months ago. It's amazing what goes missing and where we find them with kids around. I'll bet RC Willey will be cool about your gift card. It's pretty much highway robbery if they don't let you use it still since they have the money and you don't have any of their stuff in return. Good luck!